It's hard to believe that Memorial Day weekend is actually approaching. With summer schedules (and a welcome change of pace) approaching, many of us have fulll calendars in the days ahead. Colege graduations, spring concerts at our local schools, sports tournaments, local walks and runs, and community events abound. Our life together as a church is no exception. I wanted to remind you of some events coming up in the week ahead. I hope that you will be able to join us as your hearts desire and your schedules will allow.
- Heart-to-Heart: As Your Parents Age is a free (60-70 minute) educational workshop for adult children of aging parents. It will be offered at Augustus Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 711 Main Street, Trappe, PA on May 19th from 7 PM to 8:30 PM. During the workshop, you'll gain a better understanding of your parents' vision for the future, information to make decisions on your parents behalf and tips for starting heart-to-heart conversations. The workshop will be presented by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans representatives John Kochel and John Ungerman. It is sponsored by the Upper Montgomery Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. Refreshments will be served afterward. Sign up by contacting Cheryl Geiser, President of the Upper Montgomery Chapter at 484-366-4197 or email email@example.com to reserve your seat.
- Attention Luther Leaguers (5th – 8th grade) – You are invited to hang out together in the Parish Center this Friday, May 20th from 7 – 9 PM. Bring a friend, games, and/or food for a fun evening.
- Is your car full of pollen and perhaps even the grime from winter? Then mark your calendars as the youth are having a car wash here at the church this Saturday, May 21 from 8 AM – noon. Come support and tell your neighbors as the youth continue to raise money for the National Gathering in New Orleans in 2012.
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Planning for Retirement Workshop, Sunday, May 22nd at 9:30 A.M. in Jerusalem Room (at bottom of stairs across from St. Andrew's Hall) This workshop will be presented by John Kochel, Financial Consultant from Thrivent. There will be many free materials and lots of time to answer your questions.
- LAFF (Lutherans About Family Fun): Kick-ball and Picnic in the Park on Sunday, May 22nd from 4 to 7 PM. Break out that dusty picnic basket and fill it with your family's favorite picnic food (beverages will be provided). Meet at Lower Providence Township park (off of Ridge Pike behind the township building and beside the library and police station). We'll enjoy a friendly game of kick-ball and then our picnic dinner (note, this is not a potluck, so don't forget your plates and utensils). Finally, to cap off the evening, we'll be visited by an ice cream truck, so please bring a few dollars for ice cream. In case of rain, we'll still have the picnic, but we'll meet indoors in St. Andrew's Hall and before we eat, we'll play an indoor game. If you'd like to join us, please RSVP on the sign-up sheet located in the narthex (near the water fountain) or email us at LAFFatSA@gmail.com.