This upcoming Sunday, churches throughout the world who follow the assigned readings and festivals of the Church Year, will be celebrating Tranfiguration Sunday, the final Sunday before the Lenten season begins. On this day, Jesus takes Peter, Andrew, James, and John to a mountaintop where they will experience an awesome vision they will never forget. We need mountaintop experiences of our own to give us strength in the valleys ahead. We will also be following Jesus through the valleys during the season of Lent. Our daily journey with Jesus will take us to:
- quiet places of prayer
- opportunities to feed the hungry
- nights in lonely gardens and angry storms
- the joy and peace of more mountaintop moments
- instructions to care for ourselves and those around us
- reminders that we are never alone but always in the power of the Spirit
- assurance that Jesus meets us exactly where we are but never leaves us that way.
Join us in worship this weekend and throughout this Lenten season. Join us to see the face of God's love that transfigures and tranforms lives. See you in church!