As many of of us adjust our schedules with the beginning of a new school year, so St. Andrew's adjusts to the routine of our program year. This Saturday we return to our regular weekly service of Holy Communion at 5PM. This service is more intimate and little less formal with more spoken liturgy and monthly appearances by our acoustic group. Begin to think about family members, friends, and neighbors who could benefit from Saturday worship. We also return to our regular worship schedule on Sunday mornings as well.
8:15 AM - Traditional Worship: On this "Kickoff Sunday", this will certainly be the more reflective service of the two as we use a traditional liturgy to praise the living God. The Gospel text for this service is from our assigned lectionary readings: Matthew 18:15-20, a challenging text for our life together.
11:00 AM - Kick Off Sunday: A simple but celebrative worship gathering, with guided liturgy for children of all ages, as we give thanks to God, our rock and refuge, for His constant presence and power in our lives. This service, about 45 minutes in length will lead us directly to our luncheon, provided by our Hospitality team. We hope that many of you will be able to join us after worship downstairs in St. Andrew's Hall. This is a great opportunity to enjoy a meal, reconnect with folks we haven't seen for much of the summer, and get to know some new faces as well.
As we begin a new year in mission, please keep in your prayers:
- those who mourn the loss of loved ones
- the sick and home bound of St. Andrew's and our surrounding community
- the unemployed and underemployed of our communities
- families experiencing broken relationships and in need of healing
- young adults away from home at school or in military service
- those whose lives have been devastated by terrorism and senseless violence
- Astrid Montes, our new nursery school director and our entire staff as we begin a new school year
- our Sunday School teachers and students as they begin a new program year
- the churches of this community and our common mission to be the hands of God in the world.
See you in church!